Thursday, September 17, 2009

Dream Variations


In graphic design this week, we were assigned to pick a poem, lyrics, or short story and represent it through some type of drawing. I chose to use a Langston Hughes poem, one of my favorites actually, and create the drawing through it. I chose Langston Hughes mostly because I love the time of the Harlem Renaissance, and his infulence on this time period. Hopefully you like it!

I chose his poem dream variations:

To fling my arms wide
In some place of the sun,
To whirl and to dance
Till the white day is done.
Then rest at cool evening
Beneath a tall tree
While night comes on gently,
Dark like me—
That is my dream!

To fling my arms wide
In the face of the sun,
Dance! Whirl! Whirl!
Till the quick day is done.
Rest at pale evening . . .
A tall, slim tree . . .
Night coming tenderly
Black like me.

9 comments:

  1. very nice! I like the person running off into the sunset, and hopefully they won't be blinded by looking at the sun to long. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really nice. I love the colors and the texture. I can tell you took your time on this. Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the texture in your picture it really makes it look like grass. I also love the colors that you used for the sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Texture in your narrative is amazing! And you definitely have some movement going on with the grass and such. You did a really nice job. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the use of texture especially on the grass. I think it is a really good illustration

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got some good texture going with that grass. It looks better than just an illustration. It looks more like a painting. Great job on this illustration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the person frolicking in the background. Also the textures used on the grass.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that this is one of my favorite pics of yours! I really like how you took your time on the grass using the texture. I also love how you put the person in the grass! You have done it again............GREAT JOB :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the different colors of green and the way the sun shines.

    ReplyDelete